All interested PhD candidates are welcome to apply for the three days intensive PhD course on feminist thinking about technological development
- Place: University of Bergen
- Course dates: September 23-25 2020
- Registration deadline: 28.02.2020 – 14.00
The PhD course invites to feminist thinking about technological development
What are the consequences of current technological development for feminist thinking about equality, freedom and change? Are algorithms gendered, and does it matter? What does sex and subjectivity mean in the age of neuro-technologies and AI? Are we at all still “human”? Is there a specific ethics of the posthuman?
These are some of the questions that will be scrutinized during the three-days course in September 2020. The themes of the course are divided into the following topics:
- The Biased Face of Technology
- Ethics and the Posthuman
- Bodies and Brains
If you are working with these or related questions, or are simply interested to learn more, join us for a PhD course in Bergen.
The course is arranged by Nordic Centre of Excellence on Women in Technology Driven Careers (NORDWIT) and Centre for Women’s and Gender Research at University of Bergen.
- Kari Jegerstedt at Kari.Jegerstedt@uib.no
- Hilde G. Corneliussen: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gabriele Griffin: email@example.com